In honour of spring, I decided to make this spring themed soap. You know why this has three molds? Because that's how many times it took me to get it semi right.
The first one turned out okay to start; I had poured the entire mold in yellow, let it set enough to take it out (actually I lie, the first one I turned it over to see how it looked and ended up with soap all over the floor and table and had to scoop up all the soap and try again), then cut out the eggshell portion, put it back in the mold and poured the egg portion. This is what came out.
It doesn't look so bad in this picture but the blue's bled into the chick. Here it just looks like bad lighting, which it is.
My second chick I thought I'd be smart and pour the blue in first. Duh! Kinda hard to cut out the chick part and keep the eye intact (not to mention it's a bad imagery). That one went straight back into making the third and final one.
Not bad, it still leaked a bit, but overall I think managed to keep the wrong coloured soap from migrating into places it shouldn't.
Either way, they both smell fantastic because I used the pomegranate and black currant FO. Nice bright, fruity scents for a bright season. Happy spring everyone!