Monday 4 July 2016

Leftovers

I'm trying to clear out any bits and bobs of soaps I have while still doing something interesting. I have made these soaps with scraps that were left over from making other things, shredding  some of them for a prettier effect. Okay, that's a lie, I was trying to make curls and they weren't turning out, so I ran them through the grater. But I think they do add some interesting texture.



This one was using leftover leftovers. I had some soap left in the cup, so I added some more into it, didn't bother stirring and this is the result for the first layer. I like how the colours are kinda melted into each other giving it a sort of planet like look.




I had angled the mould for the next two (or is it three, I lost track) layers hence why the colours are slightly different on each side.



More shredded ones, this time with a goat's milk bottom.

Not sure why this one ended up on it's side. Maybe it thought it's Humpty Dumpty.




And this is where the curls ended up. Like I said, it didn't work out as well, but it did use up some of the remaining bits of soap.


Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Very successful re-use of leftovers! I have given up on using them. I have too many soaps already. It is a shame because all those confetti soaps look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I still have lots of leftovers to use up. I almost feel like I should make new friends just to give away some of the soaps I have because I'm starting to stockpile them like there's going to be a shortage or something. :D

      Delete