Friday 10 August 2012

It's a Sign

Remember Steve Martin in "The Man with Two Brains" where he says "Just give me a sign...just any kind of sign". Well that's me, sometimes I need to be hit on the head with a sign.

I think not succeeding in this last position is a sign, a sign that I really should pursue soaping with more fervour and determination. I've slacked off while working full-time and now that I'm not working for the time being, I have more time and reason to work a little harder for myself.

As I mentioned in my last post, I want to try and get my soaps into Science World and the Aquarium, as well as getting the alphabets to Little Dreambug. Little Dreambug have specific colours they're looking for, so I've created these samples for them. I hope they like them.


Also, when I was trying to put together something for the Aquarium, it seemed to me that I didn't have a lot to offer them. So I decided to make some more things that belong in an Aquarium. I still have to make some shells and a tree frog, but this is a start. Which one do you prefer?



My sister also gave me (yet!) another mold I had been wanting to try out, so what better time than now? I haven't quite figured out how to do this correctly which is why these aren't true LEGO colours, but I'm thinking what I should do is pour the entire thing in the main body colour, then give in to my sociopathic side (hee hee) and cut off the hands and head and pour it in yellow. Any ideas if that's the best way to do it?

Now that was the easy part, now to work on my proposal.

8 comments:

  1. I love the two-toned turtles! very cute. Best of luck on your proposals!! And very cool lego soaps! We just went to the Lego Store in Anaheim, CA. I think the "boys" would love it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Do you now where I can buy some extra luck, I seem to be running low these days. I think B&G would love to hit every LEGO store around, we finally got one in Vancouver.

      Delete
  2. The two-toned turtles (nice phrase, Grace!) are definitely cooler than the single tone, though I would throw some of those in too coz some people might prefer the pure green. I'll email you with some suggestions.

    But, yes, it's a sign! ;) And it's the second time you've been given a sign, so go for it, honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the picture makes the two toned look better than they do live, kinda like how I play with my own pictures to make me look better. ;) Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

      Yes, I had hubby kicking my butt yesterday to stop thinking about looking for any old job and strive to get my business going instead.

      Delete
    2. Good for R for kicking your butt! :) Seize the market before it's flooded! Seize the day too. LOL!

      Delete
    3. How about if I seize the carpet - carpet diem. :)

      Delete
  3. P.s. I really like the pink and blue (A, B) alphabet colors!

    ReplyDelete