Saturday 6 July 2013

Double the layers, double the fun

It's summer here finally! We've been having some really gorgeous weather, a little hot for some of us west coasters, to which all you mid and east coasters will just scoff. But this is why we live on the we(s)t coast, for the mild weather.

This heatwave inspired the following soaps. I thought about how to incorporate summer into the soaps and after looking at other people's soaps for inspiration, I decided to try embedding in different layers. The soaps are scented with sun ripened cherry, because cherries are another sign of summer. Here are the results.



Maybe I should've put him on a lilypad.

What says summer to you?



8 comments:

  1. So cute Monica, love the sand layer and the glitter and starfish in the water layer...the frog and shell are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cee! I'm not a big beach person, especially not with our rocky beaches, so I'd rather have it come to me than for me to go to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They truly resembles the sea bottom,Monica! This aquamarine blue is perfect and I especially like it's seethrough! It would have been fun with a lilypad on your 'frog' soap,but nevertheless,it's cute.
    I really miss sometimes this clear soap base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maja, what a nice compliment! I think I'll have to try the frog soap again with a lilypad, make it more authentic.

      Your soaps are gorgeous and if I could create such natural beauty such as your sopas on my own, I would.

      Delete
  4. I love the sand and water effect too! I really like the shell and starfish one. For the second soap, I'd go with a lily pad for the frog and skip the starfish (one lives in fresh water, the other in salt water). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. I think I was inspired by seeing some other soapers work, but needed to put my own spin on it. Lily pad it is for the next time for the frog. Would a crab work with the starfish?

      Delete
  5. So cute, Monica! The little frog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I like the fact that he ended up not sinking too far into the water. ;)

      Delete