Monday 11 January 2016

Happy 2016!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, well rested and ready to soap again.

I spent the break visiting my sister, in other words, it meant I got to sit around, watch birds, eat lots and chat.

My sister and part of her family at IU Student Union Building.

It's so nice for me when I go visit, because I get fed fabulous meals, like this

Bratwurst, home grown salad, and corn and sundried tomato salad. Greens and sundried tomatoes are from their garden
and this

Stollen, with homemade candied peel and almond paste.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the fried chicken or five spice duck because I was too busy scarfing them down like it was my last meal.

The birds are always so pretty and relaxing to watch





This visit, we also spent lots of time making jewellery.








As always, my sister sends me home with more goodies than I go there with.
Various FOs and micas, loaf pan, sprinkles and cinnamon to add into the soaps, a book on wholesaling and pottery tools to make different shapes in the soaps.

Wishing you all good health and a prosperous new year!




5 comments:

  1. You were scarfing down the duck and chicken rather quickly...I was glad that hubby knows the Heimlich maneuver. ;) So fun to have you here! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swore I replied to this, the computer must've swallowed my comment like I did with the duck and chicken dishes I had at your place.

      I had a fabulous time as always, thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Wow, those jewellery, so many and so beautiful! Nice that you enjoyed this time with your sister. Wish you this year more of this precious moments, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nat! Yes, we went a little crazy with jewellery making, but it's so much fun to expand to other areas when being creative, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Home made stollen?? yummie! Does your sister want another sister? I volonteer! Home made sundried tomatoes.. and all this pretty jewelry. Well you obviously had a great holiday...I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete