Monday 23 May 2016

It's Victoria Day

and what's more Victorian than swans? That and I had this guy sitting around doing nothing.

I needed a big enough mould to fit both embeds in and this seems to be the only one that does the trick. Hence why so many of the soaps I make have the scalloped edge. At least I'm putting it to good use.

The flower is actually a bit behind the swan, so the swan's not actually butting at it with its head.



To everyone who lives in the "colonies", hope you have a lovely Victoria Day. To the rest of the world, have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Happy long weekend! It's a very lovely and romantic soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Romantic and lovely aren't my style usually, but it seemed the proper British thing to do. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the scallop edging, it goes so nicely with the feminine swan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. The scalloped edge adds a nice touch, and it's one less thing I have to do to fancy up my soap. ;)

      Delete
  3. So many different styles in so little days! You are inspired! This one makes a very nice scene, very Victorian indeed. Really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are more inspiring than others Madame Propre. I think I could've upped the colour factor some, however, it's good to try and put ideas from brain to soap base. :)

      Delete