Monday 30 March 2015

Taking a page from Hollywood

No, I haven't been rubbing shoulders with A-listers, but I have been paying attention to what big box office movies are doing. Have you noticed, they stretch things out for as long as they can. The Hobbit, it was one book, and yet Peter Jackson stretched it out to 3 movies. Twilight, what was it, 3 books that went to 4 movies? Same with The Hunger Games. So, I'm going to do a soap variation of that.

Last week, I had the cameos made, but they seemed kind of small to me, so I decided to make them into a part of a bigger soap, something more substantial. I started with the oval, because well, the cameo's oval.
Used BB's brilliant blue and Fresh Snow FO

Hard to see the detail of the cameo in this shot, but you get the idea.

Then I thought how would it look in a different shape, you know, contrast the oval

Scented with CC's Strawberry Smoothie.

The cameo didn't want to sit properly in this one, hence why there's the pale outline. Background is a beautiful antique blue mica

So, which shape do you think works best? And what do you think of my stretching out one soap into two posts? ;) If only I'd learned how to do this when I used to write papers in university, I might've been able to meet the word quota.


12 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I just love the way you connect things, Monica!

    I like all three variations, but if I have to choose one, I will go with the third. I like the shape contrast and the antique blue looks elegant. :)

    So will there be a part 3 ? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so sweet Silvia! I think my random connect the dots thinking is usually too off the rails for most people to follow.

      You know, I think I agree with you, the third one has a good shape to go with the cameo and the antique blue fits in with the whole cameo look.

      Fortunately for you and me, I'll probably leave out a part 3, although it's usually a return to a better script in a trilogy. ;)

      Delete
  2. Funny! I like the cameo part best in the third one but I like the red background of the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny strange right Teresa? ;) I figured you'd like the red background, and maybe it would've been more striking with a different coloured cameo.

      Delete
  3. Such a neat idea. Great color combinations =) And, I love Fresh Snow! I’m honored you used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad I'm not completely tone deaf when it comes to mixing and matching colours. :D I love all BB scents and they last so long. Everyone who encounters my soaps love the scents as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the 3rd blue, but the oval shape looks good to me, if I have to choose! They all look nice, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat! I guess the oval shape is more the classic one to go with.

      Delete
  5. I'll choose the first one. Oval looks so romantic, but I'm maybe too used to seeing oval cameos. Yet,they all are cute ,you don't have to opt for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Maja, oval is a very classic look for the cameo, isn't it? It's certainly nice to try out different options.

      Delete
  6. Great idea embedding the cameos, Monica! I like all three shapes - it's hard to choose a favorite, but I think I like the oval best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It seems the overall consensus is for oval, so maybe I should make more of those for the next show I go to.

      Delete