Sunday 14 February 2016

Packaging idea

Getting into a knitting for soaps kick, I thought about how to make more things that combined the two mediums.

My sister gave me a knitting kit once upon a time, and I thought these booties looked adorable.


It was a relatively easy pattern to follow, but of course, even the simplest instructions, be it to make a knitting project, or to make a soap, still takes finesse to make it look good.

I used some bits of yarns to cobble together one big piece, but by the time I finished, I couldn't be bothered to make the pom poms. I'm sure they'd totally take the bootie to the next level, so maybe I'll make it eventually.

Not quite the same as the picture, but close enough for government work, as my sister likes to say.

With a soap in it. Looks almost like an old Chinese slipper, doesn't it?

How do you present your soaps? Oh, and happy Valentine's Day, if you're so inclined. :)



6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's adorable! Glad you're making use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About time I made use of the kit, right Teresa? ;) It has some great projects, I just have to sit down and do them.

      Delete
  2. Ah, those look cute! Never thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you don't have a ton of leftover yarn that you don't know what to do with Nat? ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, how cute! I've never tried knitting before, but I've been curious about it. It would be an advantage to be able to knit washcloths and sacks to use as packaging for soaps. That's a nice touch! I usually just put a cigar band label around my soaps. If I'm feeling really fancy, I might tie some ribbon around them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Knitting is great, because as my sister pointed out to me, it's a portable skill and it helps to wile away long road trips, or in my case, sitting in rush hour traffic. ;)

      I hope to make some washcloths to go with my soaps, I'm horrible at packaging, so I figure that should take it up a level. I really like the look of the cigar band, it's clean, but it can tell so much about a soaper's style. Ribbons are always a nice touch. :)

      Delete