Sunday 28 February 2016

The devil is in the details

or in this case, it's in the lack of details. Mine, not the mould.

Gosh darn it's hard to fill in fine details when the lighting in your craft room is bad. I knew this before, but this time, the end result really shows what lack of lighting can do (or not do) when you're working with finicky details.

This mould has some beautiful detailing, as you can see, but I didn't clean them up as well as I should've. The result is that the patterning looks asymmetrical and not as perfect as could be. Also, in hindsight, I should've put the blue layer between the orange and yellow to allow them both to shine through.

At least it smells good, scented with Raspberry Kisses.



I then tried accenting other areas of the soap, but again, not as pleased with the end result as I wanted to be. I think I'll put this mould away for a little bit and come back to it another time. Perhaps by leaving it in my unconscious, I can pick out a colour palate I like.





Have a great week!




5 comments:

  1. Aside from maybe the orange not off-setting the pink as well as some other colors might, I think the top one is pretty lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! The top one definitely looks better than the bottom one.

      Delete
  2. I think they turned out really pretty! Love the color layers and the detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I found it a really difficult mould to try and make as beautiful as it could be.

      Delete
  3. It must have been difficult indeed, there are so many small details, and the bottom is not even flat! The result is charming I think! This mould is so original!

    ReplyDelete