Friday 16 September 2011

Back to the drawing board

Today started out so well, got a bunch of things accomplished, and then I decided to tempt fate and make some more soaps. I had two leftover cut outs from the water soluble paper so I thought, okay, I know what I did wrong last time and I can rectify it this time, I am woman, hear me roar!

Wrong, so wrong. I'm going to have to watch the tutorial on how to embed water soluble paper, frame by frame to see what I'm not doing.
See how the white base soap seeped under the paper? I could've sworn I had pressed the paper into the clear soap hard enough. Note to self:  next time, pound it into the clear base. :P
This one looks good right? Well it fit perfectly into the mold and the white soap went on smoothly, but when I turned it out, the clear soap stayed in the mold.





And to add insult to injury, this is how my bread turned out.














2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's how my bread's been turning out lately...poop. Bummer about the soaps not turning out. Have you tried it again since?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there something in the air to make our breads deflate? Something we're sharing? I haven't tried the soaps again yet, I need to print out some more designs before I do that, so in the meanwhile, I'll try other patterns, as you saw.

    ReplyDelete